News / Article

An easier way to get the right tax withheld from your paycheck this year

Source: - Mar 19, 2019

If you got a big federal tax bill or tax refund when you filed your 2018 return, now is a good time to change your payroll withholding to more closely match what you will owe this year.

You can do it the harder, but more accurate way — working through a complex IRS worksheet or online calculator. Or you can use a down-and-dirty approach that should get you close to the right answer.

But first some background: The sweeping federal tax law that took effect in 2018 lowered taxes for most Americans. However, many people doing their 2018 taxes are getting smaller federal refunds, or bigger taxes due, than they were expecting.

click source to read article

Category: General Business